Imagine waking up to the crisp mountain air of the Swiss Alps every morning, surrounded by breathtaking vistas of snow-capped peaks and pristine alpine landscapes. It’s a dream that has long been cherished by the adventurous at heart, and now, it’s within reach for Singaporeans looking to claim a slice of Swiss paradise.
Welcome to the extraordinary world of Andermatt, where luxury and nature converge in a harmonious embrace. In the heart of this charming Swiss village, an exclusive opportunity awaits. Gilda is a collection of 12 chic Alpine residences and penthouses with a blend of materiality and environment. Whether it’s about adrenaline-pumping off-piste skiing or a panoramic joy ride on the Glacier Express, here are some of the top reasons Gilda and Andermatt should be on the radar of Singaporean investors.
1. Nature & Adventure Galore: Nestled in central Switzerland’s Canton of Uri, Andermatt is a haven for nature lovers and thrill-seekers. It boasts 500 km of hiking trails winding through alpine meadows, dense forests and abundant lakes. In winter, the village transforms with 180 km of groomed ski slopes. Beyond snow and trails, Andermatt’s lakes and rivers invite swimming, fishing and plenty other water activities. Andermatt is a year-round paradise for adventurers amid Switzerland’s stunning landscapes.
2. Fully Flexible Rental Programme: Foreign property owners in Andermatt can maximise their income through an attractive rental programme tailored for them. This scheme is exclusively designed for short-term rentals, ensuring excellent income potential for property owners while enjoying the stunning Swiss Alpine surroundings. It’s a unique opportunity to benefit from both ownership and rental income in this picturesque destination.
3. Excellent Capital Growth: Since the inception of the first real estate project in the Swiss Alps in 2012, Andermatt has seen remarkable capital growth. Average property prices have surged by an impressive 51.4%, a testament to the soaring demand for this Alpine gem. Notably, property sales soared by 24% last year, underscoring the village’s enduring appeal.
4. Brimming with Amenities: One of the many reasons Andermatt is the perfect retreat for visitors is the wealth of amenities it offers. In addition to its plush residences and five-star hotels such as The Chedi Andermatt, the allure of this global tourist hotspot deepens with an 18-hole par-72 championship golf course, a concert hall, exciting gondola rides and a variety of Michelin-star dining options. Andermatt combines comfortable living with a vibrant lifestyle for those seeking the pinnacle of Alpine luxury.
5. Favourable Tax and Inheritance Laws: Andermatt’s appeal is magnified by its exemption from Switzerland’s ‘Lex Koller’ legislation, which typically restricts overseas property acquisitions. Moreover, the local administration has ensured an investor-friendly environment with notably low tax rates, ranking as the second lowest in Switzerland and half of those in the UK, Germany, France, and Italy. Notably, the Uri region imposes neither stamp duty, inheritance or gift taxes, adding to its tax advantages. This combination of legal exemptions and favourable tax policies underscores Andermatt’s commitment to providing an attractive and welcoming environment.
6. Accessible and Well-Connected: Andermatt’s strategic location makes it extremely accessible by road, rail and air. It’s a mere 90-minute drive from Zurich, making it easily reachable. While Milan is a short two-hour journey, Munich is just four hours away. Private jet and charter plane enthusiasts will find the Buochs aviation strip a convenient 45-minute drive away. Whether by car, train, or plane, Andermatt’s accessibility ensures that this Alpine gem is well-connected to Switzerland and beyond, attracting travellers from around the globe.
7. Growing Demand & Positive Outlook: Property sales in the Swiss Alps are at an all-time high, which is evident as America’s Vail Resorts invests an additional CHF 149 million, complementing Andermatt Swiss Alps AG’s (ASA) CHF 350 million, all aimed at elevating core businesses like real estate, hospitality and infrastructure. This collective effort is turning Andermatt into ‘The Prime Alpine Destination.’ These investments are already paying off, with ASA reporting record property sales exceeding CHF 150 million in 2022. Furthermore, Andermatt has climbed to the seventh spot among the 42 Alpine holiday home markets for the best property price growth, as highlighted in the UBS Alpine Property Focus 2023.
Exclusive Singapore Launch of Gilda
The epitome of Alpine luxury makes its exclusive debut in Singapore on September 30th and October 1st. Located in the heart of Andermatt, Gilda redefines the charm of mountain living with its exquisite offerings. From two to four-bedroom luxurious apartments and penthouses starting at CHF 1,525,000, this Alpine oasis promises value in every detail.
What sets Gilda apart is more than just spectacular views, as it will offer residents an abundance of on-site amenities. Relax and rejuvenate in the spa with a sauna, maintain your fitness routine in the fully equipped gym, or prep for mesmerising alpine adventures in the elegant ski room. Every aspect of Gilda’s design reflects modern living at its finest, with a stylish Bauhaus-inspired aesthetic that adds a chic touch to the Swiss Alps.
This exclusive launch event is your chance to secure a piece of prime Swiss real estate, where natural beauty meets modern luxury and sophistication. Join us to discover the secrets of Andermatt and the unmatched lifestyle Gilda has to offer. Register today and don’t miss your opportunity to embrace Alpine living at its most lavish.
About the Author
Established in 1958, Benham and Reeves is one of London’s oldest, independently owned property lettings and sales agents. With specialism in residential sales, corporate lettings and property management in prime areas of London, the company operates from 21 prominently located branches and 14 international offices.